04 October 2009

Steven Weiberg doesn't like God

(No one does who is honest about it.)

I really don't like God. It's silly to say that I don't like God, because I don't believe believe in God. But in the same sense that I don't like Iago, or the Reverend Slope, or any of the other villains of literature. The God of traditional Judaism, Christianity and Islam seems to me a terrible character. He's a God who is obsessed with the degree to which people worship him and anxious to punish with the most awful torments those who don't worship him in the right way.

2 comments:

The Biblical Christian said...

"The God of traditional Judaism, Christianity and Islam seems to me a terrible character. He's a God who is obsessed with the degree to which people worship him and anxious to punish with the most awful torments those who don't worship him in the right way"

Yes, He does seem like it sometimes. But that's no reason not to worship Him. No matter what anyone says, God must be followed, for He is God.

the craigler said...

oh, now I understand.