17 June 2009

OMG: A blasphemer is stoned to death



Remember the stoning scene from Monty Python's The Life of Brian? A man (Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath) is about to be stoned to death for blasphemy. Here's what he says in his own defense:
I had a lovely supper and all I said to my wife was, "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah."
Well, this story from Leviticus is pretty much the same, except here two guys are fighting and one of them blasphemes. It probably looked something like this.



So they bring him to Moses and God tells Moses that everyone must stone the blasphemer to death. So that's what they did.
And they brought him unto Moses. ... And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him. ... And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, ... And Moses spake to the children of Israel, that they should bring forth him that had cursed out of the camp, and stone him with stones. And the children of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses. Leviticus 24:11-23
As Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath would have said, "Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!"

God's next killing: When the people complained, God burned them to death

5 comments:

Matthew Blanchette said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture you had put up at the top of the post.

Thank Jehovah (kidding) that nobody stones "blasphemers" anymore; if they did, we'd be killing teenage girls left and right for saying, "Oh, my Gawd!" and the like...

madcat said...

You know I have been challenging the christians about how their God kills people. (I was a christian)

And it frightens me so much that they feel it's right to kill babies and women in wars just because "GOD" tells them to do so.

And then there are those Christians who say it's wrong to kill in God's name. But they are just ignoring all those Bible verses that validate killing in God's name.

I am so regretful that I was a christian, believing in those shit.

Anyway, I found your blog recently and I am from Singapore a baautiful city-state.

Looks like we think the same way regarding this "kind" biblical god and christians.

busterggi said...

Cthulhu is so much more understanding and compassionate than Yahweh.

Michael Ejercito said...


And it frightens me so much that they feel it's right to kill babies and women in wars just because "GOD" tells them to do so.

Gos is Lord of Lords and King of Kings; He judges what is right and wrong.

Steve Wells said...

God is Lord of Lords and King of Kings.

Yeah I know, Michael. He has that tattooed on his testicles.

He judges what is right and wrong.

So if he says burning people to death or forcing parents to eat their children is right, it's right?