12 May 2010

What do God, his victims, the animals that eat their dead bodies, and the Great Whore of Babylon all have in common?

They were, are, or will forever be drunk with blood.

The phrase “drunk with blood” (or variants of it) is used five times in the Bible. Let's take a look at them.

First of all, God used it to describe himself: his arrows are drunk with blood.

I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh. Deuteronomy 32:42

His sword is drunk with blood, too, just like his arrows.

This is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood. Jeremiah 46:10

And God will force people (before he kills them) to eat their own flesh and get drunk on their own blood.

I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine. Isaiah 49:26

Then God will feed his victims’ bodies to the birds and beasts until they too become drunk with blood.

Thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you … that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood. … And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you. Ezekiel 39.17-19

And finally, the Great Whore of Babylon will be drunk with the blood of the saints and martyrs.

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. Revelation 17.5-6

So in the end, pretty much everyone will be drunk with blood: God, the people that he kills, the birds and beasts that eat their dead bodies, and the Great Whore of Babylon. It will be just one big, bloody, drunken party. I bet you can’t wait to be there!

5 comments:

busterggi said...

No wonder they call Jesus the Prince of Peace who loves everyone.

Matthew Blanchette said...

So... God can drink blood, but his Chosen People can't? Sucks to be Abraham van Helsing, then; God's a vampire! :-P

Unknown said...

I'm trying to watch my weight...could I get a Blood Lite?

busterggi said...

Matthew - well of course!

What else would Jesus be what with rising from the grave & all? After all, zombies don't talk.

Unknown said...

When will some christian gimme the context on this one? Is it possible there's parts of the bible that are just plain embarrasing to even the most "devout?"