24 June 2013

Can I get an Amen for Jerry DeWitt?

Last October, I was lucky enough to hear Jerry DeWitt speak (preach, actually) at the Freedom From Religion Foundation convention in Porland , Oregon. Iit was an experience I'll never forget. If he'd had an altar call, I'd have gone up.

We need more of this. We need more atheist preachers!

Yesterday, Jerry delivered a sermon at the first "full-fledged atheist church" in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. There are youtube videos (part 1 and part 2), but the quality is a bit too poor to get full effect of his preaching.

So here's Jerry's Easter sermon at the American Atheist convention instead. Enjoy!
 


BTW, I pre-ordered Jerry's new book (Hope after Faith) and I was told yesterday that it has shipped. As soon as I get it I'm going read it. And when I do, I'll let you know what I think.

 But don't wait for that. Buy it now. You can have faith in Jerry!

3 comments:

Stephen said...

You got it, Brother!
rA-Men!
I got a Nook for father's day... maybe i'll populate it with books like this.
Steve Weeks

bittersweetend said...

that is an awesome video....Can I get a DARWIN!!!!

M. Wm. "Pat" Ferguson said...

Link doesn't open for me. When I click the play arrow, an "error occurred" message pops up. And nothing happens when I click on the link in the upper-left corner of the video viewing window. Bummer!