03 July 2014

EJ&T - Leviticus 3: All the fat is the Lord's

In the Every Jot and Tittle project, I am listing all of the Bible's commandments from Genesis to Revelation, in accordance with Jesus's words in Matthew 5:18-19. I have no idea how many commandments I'll find, but Jewish tradition claims there are 613. See here for a list of those that I've found so far.


  1. Don't eat any fat (or blood), not even in your own home.
  2. All the fat is the LORD's. It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood. Leviticus 3:16b-17

    All fat belongs to me. So you and your descendants must never eat any fat or any blood, not even in the privacy of your own homes. This law will never change. Leviticus 3:16b-17 Contemporary English Version

    Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat. Leviticus 7:23

1 comment:

Stephen said...

This is why god is so great... he's eaten all the fat! What's his waist size, I wonder. ^_^
Steve Weeks