- Cancel all debts every seven years.
- Lend money to other nations.
- Don't borrow money from other nations.
- Don't do any work with your firstborn bull.
- Don't shear your firstborn sheep.
- Eat your firstborn bulls and sheep in the place where God chooses.
This law only applies to Jews. Loans made to Gentiles remain in effect during "the Lord's release."
At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release. And this is the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth ought unto his neighbour shall release it; he shall not exact it of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the Lord's release. Of a foreigner thou mayest exact it again: but that which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release. Deuteronomy 15:1-3
That we would leave the seventh year, and the exaction of every debt. Nehemiah 10:31
Thou shalt lend unto many nations. Deuteronomy 15:6a
Thou shalt not borrow [from other nations]. Deuteronomy 15:6b
thou shalt do no work with the firstling of thy bullock. Deuteronomy 15:19
Thou shalt not ... shear the firstling of thy sheep. Deuteronomy 15:19
Thou shalt eat it before the LORD thy God year by year in the place which the LORD shall choose, thou and thy household. Deuteronomy 15:20