- Love God with all your heart, soul, and might.
- Know all of God's laws by heart.
- Teach God's laws to your children.
- Talk about God's laws when you're sitting in your house, when you're walking, when you lie down, and when you get up.
- Write God's laws on your hand and forehead.
- Write God's laws on your door posts and gates.
- Swear by God's name.
- Don't tempt God.
- Do what God considers to be right and good.
Thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5
These words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart. Deuteronomy 6:6
Thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children. Deuteronomy 6:7a
Talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. Deuteronomy 6:7b
Thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. Deuteronomy 6:8
shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates. Deuteronomy 6:9
Thou ... shalt swear by his name. Deuteronomy 6:13
Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 6:16
Thou shalt do that which is right and good in the sight of the LORD. Deuteronomy 6:18