02 September 2013

Call me Ishi

That's what God wants you to call him. He said so in the Bible.
It shall be at that day, saith the LORD, that thou shalt call me Ishi. Hosea 2:16
If you call him "Ishi" (hubsand),  he'll make a covenant with the beasts, fowls, and creeping things.
In that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground. 2:18
Then he'll marry and get to know you.
I will betroth thee unto me for ever ... and thou shalt know the LORD. 2:19-20
On his (and your) wedding day, he (Ishi) will hear the heavens and the heavens will hear the earth. The earth will hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil. And Ishi will sow his wife (you) on the earth. (Or something like that.)
In that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth. And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil ... And I will sow her unto me in the earth. 2:21-23
So give it some thought. It might be a lot of fun.

Make God happy; call him "Ishi" and marry him. He'll get to know you and sow you like a field.

He'll make a deal with the animals; he'll hear the heavens, the heavens will hear the earth, and the earth will hear the corn, wine, and oil.

A good time will be had by all.

And you and Ishi will live happily together forever.

5 comments:

Stephen said...

So god "knows" everyone (wink) but each person only knows god. This is what in math is called a "many-to-one correspondence". Doesn't this make god a polygamist? 8-O
Steve Weeks

Hughes said...

It might be the inspired word of an omnipotent being but god the bible's stupid.

Anonymous said...

Come on Stephen, surely you are educated enough to recognise poetic/metaphorical description when you see it.

Stephen said...

Bob: "Come on Stephen, surely you are educated enough to recognise poetic/metaphorical description when you see it."

No, it's the Word of God. I take it literally.
:lol:
Steve Weeks

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ishi...thou art such a sweet talker. What do you mean you don't want my number?