- Have conversations that are worthy of the gospel of Christ.
Let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ. Philiippians 1:27
- Don't be terrified by your enemies.
In nothing terrified by your adversaries. Philiippians 1:28
- Value others more than yourself.
In lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philiippians 2:3
- Have the same mind as Jesus.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Philiippians 2:5
- Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philiippians 2:12
- Beware of dogs.
Beware of dogs. Philiippians 3:2
- Beware of evil workers.
Beware of evil workers. Philiippians 3:2
- Beware of circumcision.
Beware of the concision. Philiippians 3:2
- Follow those who follow Paul.
Be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. Philiippians 3:17
- Stand fast in the Lord.
Stand fast in the Lord. Philiippians 4:4
- Let everyone know how moderate you are.
Let your moderation be known unto all men. Philiippians 4:5
- Don't worry about a thing.
Be careful for nothing. Philiippians 4:6
- Make requests to God.
In every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philiippians 4:6
- Think about things that are true, just, good, and beautiful.
Thatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philiippians 4:8
- Do whatever Paul did.
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do. Philiippians 4:9
- Salute every saint in Christ Jesus.
Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. Philiippians 4:21
27 April 2015
26 April 2015
EJ&T - Ephesians : Wives, treat your husband like Jesus; husbands, love your wife like your own body
- Don't be tossed like a child by every wind of doctrine.
Be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine. Ephesians 4:14
- Put off the old lustful man and put on the new righteous man.
Put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24
- Be angry.
Be angry. Ephesians 4:26
- But don't let the sun go down on your wrath.
Let not the sun go down upon your wrath. Ephesians 4:26
Let all ... wrath, and anger ... be put away from you. Ephesians 4:31
- Don't give place to the devil.
Neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:27
- Stop stealing; work so you can help those in need.
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. Ephesians 4:28
- Don't say anything corrupt; say good things instead.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
- Don't make God's Holy Spirit sad.
Grieve not the holy Spirit of God. Ephesians 4:30
- Don't be bitter.
Let all bitterness ... be put away from you. Ephesians 4:31
- Don't be clamorous and evil speaking.
Let all ... and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you. Ephesians 4:31
- Have malice toward none.
Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice. Ephesians 4:31
- Be kind toward one another.
Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted. Ephesians 4:32
- Follow God like a dear child.
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children. Ephesians 5:1
- Walk in love.
Walk in love. Ephesians 5:2
- Be clean.
But ... all uncleanness ... let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints. Neither filthiness. Ephesians 5:3-4
- Don't talk foolishly.
Neither ... foolish talking. Ephesians 5:4
- Don't joke.
Neither ... jesting. Ephesians 5:4
- Give thanks.
Neither ... but rather giving of thanks. Ephesians 5:4
- Don't hang out with the children of disobedience.
(e.g., whoremongers, unclean, covetous idolaters)
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them. Ephesians 5:7
- Walk as children of light.
Walk as children of light. Ephesians 5:8
- Prove what is acceptable to the Lord.
Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:10
- Don't have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness.
Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness. Ephesians 5:11
- Reprove the unfruitful works of darkness.
Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Ephesians 5:11
- Don't talk about the secret things done by the unfruitful works of darkness.
Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. Ephesians 5:11-12
- Wake up.
Awake thou that sleepest ... and Christ shall give thee light. Ephesians 5:14
- Arise from the dead.
Arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. Ephesians 5:14
- Walk circumspectly.
Walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise Ephesians 5:15
- Redeem the time.
(Because the days are evil.)
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:16
- Don't get drunk with wine.
Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess. Ephesians 5:18
- Be filled with the Spirit.
Be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18
- Talk to yourselves using psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. Ephesians 5:19
- Submit yourselves to one another.
Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Ephesians 5:21
- Wives, treat your husband as you would Jesus.
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Ephesians 5:22
As the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Ephesians 5:24
Let ... the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:33
- Husbands, love your wife like you love your own body.
Husbands, love your wives. Ephesians 5:25
So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. Ephesians 5:28
Let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself. Ephesians 5:33
25 April 2015
EJ&T - 2 Corinthians and Galatians: Shun unbelievers, don't get circumcised, and take the reprobate test
- Shun unbelievers.
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? ... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 2 Corinthians 6:14-17
- Cleanse yourself of all filthiness of flesh and spirit.
Let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1
- Be a cheerful giver.
Give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7
- Force all of your thoughts to obey Christ.
(Don't be a free thinker.)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Don't think that Paul is a fool.
Let no man think me a fool. 2 Corinthians 11:16
- Examine yourself to see if Jesus Christ is in you.
(If he's not, you're a reprobate.)
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? 2 Corinthians 13:5
- Be of good comfort.
Be of good comfort. 2 Corinthians 13:11
- Curse anyone who preaches any other gospel but the gospel of Paul.
Though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1:8-9
- Be free with Jesus.
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
- Don't get circumcised.
(If you do, you'll have to obey the law.)
If ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you. Galatians 5:2-4
- Don't try to follow the whole law.
(If you do, you are fallen from grace.)
Whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Galatians 5:4
- Don't use your liberty to satisfy the flesh.
Use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh. Galatians 5:13
- Serve each other in love.
By love serve one another. Galatians 5:13
- If you bite and devour one another, make sure you don't get eaten yourself.
If ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. Galatians 5:15
- Walk in the spirit.
(If you do, you'll never fulfill the lusts of the flesh.)
Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:16
- Be led by the Spirit.
(If you're led by the spirit, you don't have to follow the law.)
If ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Galatians 5:18
- Don't desire vainglory.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory. Galatians 5:26
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory. Philippians 2:3
- Don't provoke one another.
Let us not be ... provoking one another Galatians 5:26
- Restore those who make a mistake in the spirit of meekness.
If a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
- Bear one another's burdens.
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2
- Prove your own work.
Let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. Galatians 6:4
- Bear your own burden.
For every man shall bear his own burden. Galatians 6:5
- Share good things with your teacher.
Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. Galatians 6:6
- Don't get tired of doing good things.
Let us not be weary in well doing. Galatians 6:9
- Do good to everyone.
(Especially to Christians.)
Do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10
24 April 2015
- If you think you are wise, become a fool so that you will be wise.
- Don't glory in men.
- Don't judge anyone or anything until the Lord comes.
- Follow Paul.
- Purge out the old leaven and become a new lump.
- Stay away from fornicators, the covetous, extortioners, and idolaters.
- Don't let unbelievers settle disputes between believers.
- Glorify God in your body and spirit.
- If you're not married, don't get married. (Paul says this isn't really a commandment. It's just his advice.)
- If you can't control yourself, get married. (It's better to marry than to burn.)
- If you marry, don't have sex. (There's no time for it. Jesus is coming.)
- But to avoid fornication and Satan's temptation, have sex whenever your spouse requires it.
- A married believer should stay with an unbelieiving spouse, unless the unbelieving spouse decides to leave.
- If you are circumcised, don't become uncircumcised.
- If you are uncircumcised, don't get circumcised.
- If you are a slave, don't worry about it.
- If you are set free, that's OK too.
- Don't be a slave to humans.
- Believers should pay preachers to preach to them.
- Don't lust after evil things.
- Don't be idolaters.
- Don't tempt Christ. If you tempt Christ, he'll send fiery serpents to bite and kill you. (Like he did in Numbers 21:6-9)
- Don't murmur.
- Seek the wealth and welfare of other people, not yourself.
- Eat whatever is sold at the store. (Don't let your conscience bother you.)
- If you are invited to dinner at an unbeliever's house, eat whatever is set before you. (Don't let your conscience bother you.)
- Don't offend Jews, Gentiles, or the church.
- If a woman refuses to cover her head while praying or prophesying, shave her head.
- Men shouldn't cover their heads. (Because a man is the image and glory of God.)
- Men should not have long hair.
- Don't eat the bread and drink the cup of the Lord unworthily. (If you do, you are guilty of the body and blood of Jesus and will be damned to hell.)
- Covet the best gifts.
- Speak in tongues.
- When you speak in an unknown tongue, pray that someone will interpret it.
- Don't be children in understanding.
- Be children in malice.
- Be men in understanding.
- No more than two or three people should speak in tongues, with someone to interpret it.
- Don't speak in tongues unless an interpreter is present.
- At every church service, two or three prophets should speak and everyone else should judge what they say.
- If something is revealed to you while you're sitting, wait for the other prophets have finished their prophecies.
- Women are not allowed to speak in church.
- If a woman wants to learn something, she should ask her husband at home.
- If you think you are a prophet or spiritual, you must first acknowledge that everything that Paul says is a commandment from God.
- If any man is ignorant, let him be ignorant.
- Covet to prophesy.
- Don't forbid people to speak in tongues.
- Do everything decently and in order.
- Awake to righteousness.
- Be steadfast, unmoveable.
- Work hard for the Lord.
- Keep the faith.
- Be strong.
- Do everything with charity.
- Greet each other with a holy kiss.
- Curse whoever doesn't love Jesus.
If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 1 Corinthians 3:18
Let no man glory in men. 1 Corinthians 3:21
Judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 1 Corinthians 4:5
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. 1 Corinthians 4:16
Be ye followers of me. 1 Corinthians 11:1
Be followers together of me. Philippians 3:17
Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. 1 Corinthians 5:7
I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. ... Put away from among yourselves that wicked person. 1 Corinthians 5:9-13
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 1 Corinthians 6:1-7
Glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Corinthians 6:20
I would that all men were even as I myself. 1 Corinthians 7:7
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. 1 Corinthians 7:8
Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment ... it is good for a man so to be. 1 Corinthians 7:25-26
Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. 1 Corinthians 7:27
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2
I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 1 Corinthians 7:8-9
The time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none. 1 Corinthians 7:29
Nevertheless, to avoid fornication ... Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. ... Defraud ye not one the other ... that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. 1 Corinthians 7:2-5
If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. ... But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace. 1 Corinthians 7:12-15
Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. 1 Corinthians 7:18
Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised. 1 Corinthians 7:18
Art thou called being a servant [slave]? care not for it. Art thou called being a servant? care not for it. 1 Corinthians 7:21
But if thou mayest be made free, use it rather. 1 Corinthians 7:21
Be not ye the servants [slaves] of men. 1 Corinthians 7:23
The Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. 1 Corinthians 9:14
We should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. 1 Corinthians 10:6
Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. 1 Corinthians 10:7
Flee from idolatry. 1 Corinthians 10:14
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. 1 Corinthians 10:9
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. 1 Corinthians 10:10
Do all things without murmurings. Philippians 2:14
Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. 1 Corinthians 10:24
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Philippians 2:4
Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake. 1 Corinthians 10:25
If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.1 Corinthians 10:27
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: 1 Corinthians 10:28
every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn. 1 Corinthians 11:5-6
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 1 Corinthians 11:9-10
A man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.1 Corinthians 11:7
Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 1 Corinthians 11:14
Whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. ... He that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.1 Corinthians 11:27-29
Covet earnestly the best gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:31
I would that ye all spake with tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:5
Let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 1 Corinthians 14:13
Brethren, be not children in understanding. 1 Corinthians 14:20
Howbeit in malice be ye children. 1 Corinthians 14:20
But in understanding be men. 1 Corinthians 14:20
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 1 Corinthians 14:27
If there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.1 Corinthians 14:28
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge. 1 Corinthians 14:29
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace. For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted. 1 Corinthians 14:30-31
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law ... for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.1 Corinthians 14:34-35
If they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home. 1 Corinthians 14:35
If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.1 Corinthians 14:37
If any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. 1 Corinthians 14:38
Covet to prophesy. 1 Corinthians 14:39
Forbid not to speak with tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:39
Let all things be done decently and in order. 1 Corinthians 14:40
Awake to righteousness. 1 Corinthians 15:34
Be ye stedfast, unmoveable. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Be ... abounding in the work of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:58
Stand fast in the faith. 1 Corinthians 16:13
Quit you like men, be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
Let all your things be done with charity. 1 Corinthians 16:14
Greet ye one another with an holy kiss. 1 Corinthians 16:20
Greet one another with an holy kiss. 2 Corinthians 13:12
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema. 1 Corinthians 16:22
23 April 2015
- Offer your body as a sacrifice to God.
- Don't conform to the world.
- Be transformed by renewing your mind.
- Don't think too much of yourself.
- Don't be slothful in business.
- Be fervent in spirit.
- Be patient in tribulation.
- Pray a lot.
- Give money to saints.
- Be hospitable.
- Rejoice with those who are rejoicing.
- Weep with those who are weeping.
- Agree with everyone about everything.
- Hang out with the little people.
- Don't return evil for evil.
- Be honest in your dealings with others.
- Try to live peaceably with everyone.
- Don't take revenge. Let God do it for you.
- Overcome evil with good.
- Submit to the authority of the government.
- Pay your taxes.
- Don't owe anyone anything.
- Don't participate in riots.
- Don't walk in drunkenness.
- Don't be sexually promiscuous.
- Don't envy.
- Put on Jesus.
- Don't try to satisfy your lusts.
- Accept people with weak faith.
- Don't associate with arguing doubters.
- Don't judge those with different dietary preferences.
- Be fully persuaded in your own mind.
- Don't cause anyone to stumble.
- Don't destroy a vegetarian by serving meat.
- Edify one another.
- If you wonder if it's OK to eat something, don't eat it.
- If you are strong, bear the iniquities of the weak.
- Please your neighbor.
- Receive one another.
- Mark and avoid those that disagree with Paul.
Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God. Romans 12:1
Be not conformed to this world. Romans 12:2
Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2
I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly. Romans 12:3
Be not wise in your own conceits. Romans 12:16
Not slothful in business. Romans 12:11
Fervent in spirit. Romans 12:11
Patient in tribulation. Romans 12:12
Continuing instant in prayer. Romans 12:12
Distributing to the necessity of saints. Romans 12:13
Given to hospitality. Romans 12:13
Rejoice with them that do rejoice. Romans 12:15
Weep with them that weep. Romans 12:15
Be of the same mind one toward another. Romans 12:16
All speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10
Be of one mind. 2 Corinthians 13:11
Stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel. Phillipians 1:27
Be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Phillipians 2:2
Do all things without ... disputings. Phillipians 2:14
Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Romans 12:16
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Romans 12:17
Provide things honest in the sight of all men. Romans 12:17
Let us walk honestly. Romans 13:13
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18
Live in peace. 2 Corinthians 13:11
Avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. Romans 13:1-2
Pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. Romans 13:6-7
Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Jesus... said, ... Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Matthew 22:17-21
Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, ... said ... bring me a penny, that I may see it. And they brought it. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. Mark 12:14-17
Is it lawful for us to give tribute unto Caesar, or no? But he ... said ... Shew me a penny. Whose image and superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's. And he said unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's, and unto God the things which be God's. Luke 20:22-25
Owe no man any thing. Romans 13:8
Let us walk ... not in rioting. Romans 13:13
Let us walk ... not in ... drunkenness. Romans 13:13 Romans :
Let us walk ... not in chambering and wantonness. Romans 13:13
Let us walk ... not in ... envying. Romans 13:13
Let us not be ... envying one another. Galatians 5:26
Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, Romans 13:14
Make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. Romans 13:14
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye. Romans 14:1
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. Romans 14:1
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth Romans 14:3
Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. Romans 14:5
No man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. Romans 14:13
It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Romans 14:21
If thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. Let not then your good be evil spoken of: For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink. Romans 14:15-17
Let us therefore follow after the things ... wherewith one may edify another. Romans 14:19
Let all things be done unto edifying. 1 Corinthians 14:26
He that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Romans 14:23
We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Romans 15:1
Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. Romans 15:2
Receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. Romans 15:7
Mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.Romans 16:17-18