18 June 2010

Did God tell Julia Lovemore to feed the Bible to her baby?

He's done it before, you know. Twice. (Tell someone to eat a book, that is.)

He told Ezekiel to do that.

But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee ... open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein ... Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll ... So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness. Ezekiel 2:8-3:3

And the author of Revelation.

And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. Revelation 10:9-10

Did God tell Ms. Lovemore to feed the Bible to her baby? Or did she get the idea from reading these stories in the Bible. Or did she think of it on her own.

Whichever it might have been, the Bible is a good book to keep away from crazy people. (Or from sane people; it can make them crazy, too.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

God only talks to rich folk with TV programs, certain presidents and "reformed" criminals. God has mellowed over the years, and some of the more marginal stuff in the bible (giving your money to the poor) would be crazy-talk now, meriting pills instead of donations.

Matthew Blanchette said...

Did you read the entire article, Steve? Both parents were crazy... and, as such, are the perfect model religious nuts as described in the Bible. :-P

busterggi said...

Perhaps she was misremembering Ronald Reagan as saying "Deuteronomy is a vegetable".

Unknown said...

well, thanks for the despicably insensitive comments, folks...

A 6wk old girl is dead...

Mom's up on charges of "Diminished Responsiblility". *&%#??!!
...for violently asphyxiating and crushing her... she's being "less than responsible"!?
Well, dad was certainly exhibiting that, at the least. Aiding and abetting, to be more accurate.

If anyone's guilty of neglect, it's the health worker & psychiatrist who visited WHILE THE CRIME WAS IN PROGRESS. wtf?!