- When you go to the house of God, listen rather than give the evil sacrifice of fools.
- Don't be hasty to say things to God. The less you say to him the better.
- Don't say, "Why were things better in the good old days?"
- Consider the work of God.
- Don't be overly righteous.
- Don't be overly wise.
- Don't be overly wicked.
- Don't be foolish.
- Don't pay attention to everything people say.
- Keep the king's commandment.
- Don't be hasty to leave the king's sight.
- Don't stand in an evil thing.
- Eat bread with joy and drink wine with a merry heart.
- Always wear white clothes.
- Always have some ointment on your head.
- Live life to the fullest. It's the only life you'll ever have.
- Don't curse the rich.
- Cast your bread upon the waters.
- Give some to seven or eight.
- Be happy while you are young.
Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil. Ecclesiastes 5:1
Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.Ecclesiastes 5:2
Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked? Ecclesiastes 7:13
Be not righteous over much. Ecclesiastes 7:16
Neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself? Ecclesiastes 7:16
Be not over much wicked. Ecclesiastes 7:17
Neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time? Ecclesiastes 7:17
Take no heed unto all words that are spoken. Ecclesiastes 7:21
Keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.Ecclesiastes 8:2
Be not hasty to go out of his [the king's] sight. Ecclesiastes 8:3
Stand not in an evil thing. Ecclesiastes 8:3
Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart. Ecclesiastes 9:7
Let thy garments be always white. Ecclesiastes 9:8
Let thy head lack no ointment. Ecclesiastes 9:8
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10
Curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter. Ecclesiastes 10:20
Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1
Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth. Ecclesiastes 11:2
Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment. Remove sorrow from thy heart. Ecclesiastes 11:9-10