- Teach your children well.
- Don't rob poor people.
- Don't be friends with angry people.
- Don't agree to pay off other people's loans. (You might lose your bed.)
- When you eat dinner with an important person, think about what to say and don't overeat.
- Don't try to get rich.
- Don't eat bread with anyone who has an evil eye.
- Don't talk to fools.
- Don't walk on the fields of the fatherless.
- Stay away from wine drinkers.
- Stay away from wild-eyed meat eaters.
- Don't hate your mother when she gets old.
- Don't look at the wine while it is red. (Or you'll see strange women and say perverse things.)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
Rob not the poor. Proverbs 22:22
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go. Proverbs 22:24
Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts. If thou hast nothing to pay, why should he take away thy bed from under thee? Proverbs 22:26-27
When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.Proverbs 23:1-3
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. Proverbs 23:4
Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats. Proverbs 23:6
Speak not in the ears of a fool. Proverbs 23:9
Enter not into the fields of the fatherless. Proverbs 23:10
Be not among winebibbers. Proverbs 23:20
Be not ... among riotous eaters of flesh. Proverbs 23:20
Despise not thy mother when she is old. Proverbs 23:22
Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things. Proverbs 23:31-33